Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Letter - The Defender

My Sweet Cher,
No matter what befalls you, whether dark looming clouds, torrential rain rising
I will be radiate as a sun to chase it all away.
I will always stand beside you when everyone else leaves you alone.
When you feel faint from the woes of life, my arms will protect you from the fall. As the winds from irrepressible storms blow against you, lean on me.
My assurance will guide you through an opaque mist of doubt.
Whenever you fall, I will lift you up higher. If your heart is heavy laden, I will take your yoke upon me and bear you load.
Always in your garden, I am the fragrant gardenia. I will never leave, just close your eyes and I am there.
I am whatever it is you need, just call my name. Whisper gently into the night, scattered breath across the waves, and I will come swiftly, sheltering you from the cold.
I will remain always your protector, your defender, your faithful knight and always your best friend. When the ashes of my vessel pass over the sea, lift up your eyes and I will keep watch over you until we meet again.

Love always your only See-Saw.

1 comment:

Ca said...

There is no one that I would prefer to be my knight in shining armor, than you, my love. You are the best of the best,... my one true love.

Imagine there were no tomorrow:

How many times would you pull me to the Pacific shore and kiss me softly on the mouth?

(... the heat rising, clinging to my cotton dress like droplets of warm rain.)

How many times would you tell me how I light up all the stars in the San Francisco sky?

... hands exploring, forever exploring, where my rosary slips to sand, as you whisper Pablo Neruda against my thigh.

Each moment would melt me in so many ways. Each precious second,
stirring our hearts sweetly, stretching fingers to touch the horizon, until we became that
very sky.

-Cher

I love you more than 1000 pieces of poetry could ever begin to express. We are forever.


Ti amo tanto, amore mio!

Your Cher